As a small business owner, you probably realize the need to have a professional website for branding and marketing needs. At the same time, you are also aware that hiring a website designer is likely to be an expensive affair. A better alternative in such cases is a website builder. Website builders are designed to simplify the process of designing a website. If you are someone who doesn’t know a thing about coding, you will be able to design a website nonetheless. With that said, comparing the top free website builders can be a bummer, which is why we have a guide that may come in handy.
Things that matter
- The price. Not all website builders are free, and even the free ones have a bunch of paid features and updates. Users need to understand that the final price of a website is dependent on these costs.
- Features. Eventually, what distinguishes one website builder from another is the range of features offered. Some have more paid features than others, but you may also get better support from the concerned company.
- Interface. People use website builders because these are easy to use and anyone can create a website. As such, the interface is of great importance, and you have to consider how long it takes to create the website.
- Nature of website created. Just because you are using a website builder doesn’t mean that the website has to be slow on loading. It must run at a good speed, should be professional and easy to use.
- Customer service. Most people don’t realize the importance of customer support when it comes to website builders. You have to ensure that company is around to tackle your problems, in case there’s a problem with the features.
What are some of the best website builders?
If you are looking for creative websites and more flexibility, Wix is a good and popular choice. WordPress, on the other hand, is the least expensive choice, while GoDaddy offers the choice to get a domain name. There is also Weebly, which offers features and a good interface. If you need an online store, Shopify is a good choice, which offers a mix of solutions. Joomla is also a great option.
The best website builder is the one that’s easy to use and doesn’t compromise on the features. The final choice also depends on the website you are trying to create.